Today’s world requires security to be a priority to keep both members and staff safe. With all the options out there it can be a struggle to understand what type of solution is right for your facility. You want an innovative and comprehensive solution that is also easy to manage and affordable. Having your facility access controls in the cloud means you'll have access through a web browser. It also means you'll have lower up-front expenses, automatic software updates, remote access, and a reduced total cost of ownership. Here's why a cloud-based model for physical access controls works for member-based health and wellness centers:
- Choosing a Cloud based model reduces risk - When considering hosting facility access services in the cloud, it’s important to know your provider. Daxko partners with Brivo to provide Daxko Facility Access to customers as a service. As partners, we understand that security is paramount to maintaining the safety and security for health & wellness facilities. Daxko customers are able to leverage Brivo’s world-class, innovative security structure using proven Internet monitoring techniques and leading information security measures and best practices.Brivo’s data center infrastructure and Internet monitoring provides the same level of encryption used by banks and financial institutions to protect access to online accounts. Whatever provider you choose; ensure they have the right security measures in place for your needs.
- Choosing a Cloud based model allows health and wellness centers of all sizes to benefit from high-end data centers and redundancies - By choosing to go with a cloud-based physical access option, many smaller to midsize health and wellness centers can benefit from the types of high end data centers and redundancies normally reserved for larger organizations. Brivo’s primary and disaster recovery data centers are Tier 4 commercial facilities featuring redundant architectures from separate providers. The data centers are located in the United States within 2,000 miles of separation to minimize the potential for simultaneous disaster. These data centers boast top of the line physical security measures and network security.You should also make sure that your facility access provider is heavily invested in information security policy development and training, augmented by frequent internal reviews and audits. Brivo has adopted corporate information policies based on the best practices of financial institutions and managed service providers.
- Choosing a Cloud-based model eliminates time consuming and expensive upkeep - A service and delivery model eliminates the need for individuals to purchase, deploy and maintain IT infrastructure or application software. In Daxko’s Facility Access service model, we are fully responsible for managing and deploying the infrastructure and processes required to run and manage the full solution of our customers. That includes:
- Servers, Operating Systems and Databases
- Application Security and Data Center Resources
- Power and Cooling
- Patches / Upgrades
- Database administration, and more
By shifting this workload to Daxko, our customers minimize costs, reduce risks and save time. With this model, customers gain access to enterprise-class solutions while eliminating the need for capital expenses associated with hardware, staffing, maintenance and upgrades. And because all members are managed from the cloud on a single instance of Daxko Operations software, customers can gain access to the data and analytics they need to help plan future scheduling and infrastructure needs. This allows customers to offset a large percentage of their total cost of ownership.
Learn about Daxko Facility Access.